Florida 2019

Florida 2019
Treasure Island Resort

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Thanks for the memories!

Wow, I haven't posted here in seven years!

But I have some news to share and decided to revert back to Blogger because it's time to reflect on the past - I'm retiring from full time employment.

After 40 years in IT (well, it started as DP - Data Processing and changed names several times along the way but we'll call it Information Technology for now) I'm stretching my wings to see what the good Lord has in store beyond the walls of a manufacturing company.

Those 40 years spanned across 4 decades, nipping the corners of 6 (I'm counting the fact that I'll be working in 2020 part time in IT).  From 1979 to 2020, an interesting era in computing!  The number of changes in technology across that time is remarkable.  

 https://www.computerhistory.org/timeline/1979/  This link is to a history of computing by decade.

Ten years at ODL (Ottawa Door Light) in Zeeland https://www.odl.com/
Thirty years at Drawform (now ITW Drawform)  http://www.itwdrawform.com/

I poured a substantial part of my heart and soul into these two organizations.  I hope my contribution helped them and more importantly helped the people I worked with.

A special "thank you" to my peers for making 40 years go by so quickly and put so many great memories in my 'pocket' to take with me.

Another special "thank you" to Larry Mulder and Ron Griffith.  Owners of the two companies at the time I was hired.  Each made me feel especially welcome and valued.  It's great to see these men on the street yet today and be able to get a hug or firm handshake.

I started this blog around 2008 because it was "the thing to do" back then.
And called it "More Than IT".
Because Information Technology has been a large part of my life - but life is SO much more than IT!

And I've decided to stick with that theme in the days ahead.  I've started "More than IT LLC" and will be developing a part time business under that shingle.

Stay tuned for more about that adventure.  And please stay in touch using whatever method works best for you!






No comments:

Post a Comment