Florida 2019

Florida 2019
Treasure Island Resort

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Word of the year..."clarity" (but there's more to the story)

December 31, 2019

I woke up this morning wondering what word I should pick for my focus in 2020.  A "word of the year" is a tradition passed down to me from daughter Lindsey and I'm grateful for her sharing.

After a few considerations I landed on the word "clarity".  Fitting with the theme of vision that will undoubtedly be written about plenty in the year 2020.  I would love for 20/20 foresight as well as hindsight this year!  Maybe if I focus on clarity it will help.

But the past couple years I've come up with a word only to change it in a couple days.  After dwelling on the word for a bit, another one would take it's place. ('dwell' was Lindsey's word a few years ago).
It happened again - and this time after a couple hours.

In 2019 I bent the rules a little and had two words: "take action" (followed up mid year with "take control").  In 2020 I've decided that a word isn't enough - I'm going to have a Bible verse of the year.

While getting my morning "walk with God" (I'll explain in another post) I was researching a verse to go with the advice I left for my coworkers to "Live Joyfully".  I came across an article with 10 verses related to Joyful Living.

Romans 12:12 "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer".

So clarity is still my word (for now) and Romans 12:12 is my verse.
How about you?  Want to join the 'word of the year' club?  How about a verse for the year?

Living joyfully, working heartily.
Hugh

No comments:

Post a Comment